Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 1

So it starts....92 days....I will think about this in increments of 10...so theoretically, Day 1 of 10 of 92. Right? lol Anyways, you get my point. I started my morning off with this juice :

2 carrots, scrubbed not peeled
8 strawberries, tops removed
2 navel oranges, no rind



made 12oz of juice that I mixed with 1tsp of Bee Pollen & 1tsp of MSM powder, which can be found at your local health food store.

I've already had another juice since early this morning, I made:

1 cucumber, peeled
1 head of broccoli spears
1 green apple, cored
1 tbsp of Mighty Greens powder
1 tbsp of Agave Nectar



The Mighty Greens powder can be found at your local health food store as well as the Agave nectar. This juice made about 2 cups, or 16oz. Cucumbers are FILLED with yummy nutrients and lots of water as well.

I've only made it to 10:00am so far LOL...but I haven't had hunger pangs or anything....If I felt like I wanted something, I made more juice. That's the point of this, filling your body up with the nutrients it needs. Now along with these juices, you are encouraged to drink a gallon or so of water/lemon a day. Lemons have amazing antioxidants.

Of course, to rub salt in my wounds this morning...My husband pulled out a lb of bacon & fried it up. Yes, he's supportive...No, he wasn't thinking. LOL He's juicing with me, just not fasting....he is just eating in moderation.


Starting weight : 361lbs  - weighed this morning

I lost a total of 8lbs in 6 days before i started this feast just due to the introduction of juices into my diet.

I will have to go out & buy a tape measure, I can't seem to find mine :( SO inches will be measured later today.

I feel good. I feel light. Having not actually "eaten" a breakfast like I normally do (english muffin, bacon, eggs, etc) I feel empty but full. Light, but full. I know detox symptoms are bound to show up but I'm ready :)

AFTERNOON:
For lunch I made a tomato concoction...

2 ripe red tomatoes
2 carrots
1 cucumber
1 sliver onion
1 tbsp basil


This tasted a lot like a gazpacho....and if you had added a shot of Tabasco, it could have been a Bloody Mary. This was the most filling juice I've had. Plus, it made 3cups!

SNACK:
Well, I have been feeling great all day....still am! I've been drinking water like a fish (with lemon) & I just made another juice with:

1 pineapple , skinned
1 mango, (these suckers don't juice F.Y.I.)
1 papaya


Can I just say this was Heaven in a glass....absolutely refreshing! I closed my eyes and I felt sun & sand :) The mango gave it a smoothie texture which I really liked too. Although I know I can't do this often, it was an AMAZING treat. Total, this juice made 1.25qts...LOTS of fresh juice. My children loved it!!

So dinner was a green juice:

2 handfuls of kale greens
2 handfuls of spinach
1 cucumber
3 stalks of celery
2 small granny smith apples
1tsp of agave nectar
Yield: 2, 8oz cups


So this ends my day....I drank a total of 170oz of water & well over 4 quarts of different juices. All in all, today was a great day :) I went shopping for new produce (mainly greens) & I didn't get my afternoon lull & had energy. I know this feeling won't last long as my body adjusts to the nutrients & starts breaking down the badness I have going on. Detox is around the corner....stay tuned :) 

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful that you are posting and we can try some of your drinks. Keep it up girl, it will happen for you!! and speaking from experience, be healthy while you are young because getting older is not what it was supposed to be...lol...Judy Whitehead

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Jessica:-) Can I juice with a blender??? nj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blenders make great smoothies but don't break down & separate the pulp plant fibers out. But, its still a good option if you want a delicious fruit smoothie :) I don't think greens of any kind would blend very well with anything....but you can try just about any soft fruit with milk or yogurt :) and thank you :) <3

      Delete
  3. Good news!! I am getting a juicer from my sister!! YAY! Can't wait to try these drinks right along with you. I'm not feasting...MAY fast, but am definitely going to introduce juices in before meals. I'm excited because I am watching your excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! I'm excited for you!!! You're going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete