Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 2 - 1st symptom

Well today started off with me being VERY sluggish getting out of bed...can't say it was the feast though because in it's defense, I was up until about 1am. Only real symptom I felt today was a pretty tough tension headache, caffeine withdrawal I suspect. I usually have 4-5 Kcups a morning with my fave froo-froo creamer :) so yes, my body was pissed. BUT it went away around lunch by the time I had my 3rd mixture of juices.

For breakfast I had WAY too much sugar I'm sure...BUT it was delicious....

2 carrots, scrubbed/tops cut off
1 sweet potato, scrubbed & cubed
1 apple, cored
1 orange, peeled
1 tsp of Bee Pollen

So yes, I definitely had my fruit sugars/carbs for the day....guess I'm grounded to green juices for the rest of today, oh well. :) But I won't leave out my granny smith. 

Mid-morning snack I ended up with a green juice...I didn't take a picture because I totally forgot. It was celery, spinach, green apple. Simple. Delish.

Ok, time for a small off topic rant....I observed something today that scared the hell out of me. I was headed to pick my son up from school & I pulled up at the same intersection I always use heading there. This was the intersection of a cross street & a state hwy that runs through town. Well, this mother apparently thought it was ok to run, across the street....with her groceries in one hand...AND her infant in a football hold in the other. Yes, I know, "You gotta do what you gotta do"....ok, even so....we are talking INFANT. BUSY HWY. 4 LANES OF TRAFFIC. & here she was relying on the Faith of total strangers to stop for her...yes, I said stop for her. She wasn't waiting for traffic to clear, she made a flippin' DASH FOR IT! WITH AN INFANT! I was mortified. Plain & simple, mortified. It would have been different had she been patient & waited...but um, dashing across 4 lanes of traffic, during school traffic no less....with an infant. SO after that I had a SMALL case and I mean SMALL (yeah, not so much huh?!) case of Road Rage....I don't think I'm that bad...my husband would beg to differ...but Road Rage is definitely not something I partake in all the time...but after the infant crossing the busy road, yeah I was wound for sound. Maybe it wasn't even road rage, maybe she just brought my clarity to a whole new level of stupid I normally don't notice every day...I was almost T-Boned, rear-ended, & side-swiped within a mile of my destination. Yeah, not a good day for smart drivers....or walkers apparently. 

Got home, made me another green drink :) I couldn't do without my granny smith (apples neutralize any weird taste you might have with juice) and I added a handful purple grapes just because they are close to going bad....it was great :) 

3 handfuls of Kale greens
2 handfuls of Spinach greens
1 carrot
1 granny smith
1 handful purple grapes
1 tsp of Mighty Greens 


Now I drink a TON of water...first 44oz I drink in the morning has 1 tbsp of MSM powder & lemon in it. After that, I use only lemon or lime. 

The rest of the day was actually pretty hard for me....I had NO cravings yesterday, I was actually very content. Today, well this afternoon, they hit me like a ton of bricks....all the sudden I was closing my eyes & seeing a double bacon cheeseburger from Sonic, Cadbury mini chocolate eggs, Taco Bell burrito supreme, etc...you get the horrible, horrible picture. The juices themselves were very satisfying but I couldn't keep the food out of my head. To combat them, I drank water...lots & lots of water until I was so full I felt like blowing up. It worked LOL I made my 4cups of juice for dinner (another green juice, trying to be a good girl and do mainly veggies). It was good...kinda a "kitchen sink" green juice, an aray of everything that looked like it was going to go bad in a day or two. It turned out good. I used a lot of Kale, Spinach, celery, 1 pear, handful of purple grapes. It was very filling as you can imagine & I used my "lotta pulp" juicer plate so it had a smoothie-like texture. I've found I like a "lotta pulp" in my veggie drinks & use the less pulp plate on my fruits & carrots. 

All & all it was an OK day. I had the caffeine headache & then the crazy cravings this afternoon but I know it's all normal & all a good sign. I ALMOST cheated myself & licked the spoon of black beans I was stirring for dinner ( made the family burritos) but I caught myself...I didn't do it on purpose, just habit :) On to day 3!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment