Friday, February 24, 2012

Officially a juicer owner!





So today we went out "juicer" shopping...um, can I just say that 1) these suckers are expensive & 2) there are TOO many choices! I finally decided on the Omega Vert juicer found here & after a quick run through test juicing when we got home, I'm in love. We spent a total of $100 on produce today, not because I had to have it all but because I couldn't make my mind up with WHAT I wanted to juice. I bought it all....


tomatoes
beets
carrots
parsnips
celery
oranges
apples
papaya
mango
ginger
cucumber
lemon
lime
kale
spinach
salad greens
strawberries
pears
grapes


yeah you get the picture. My fridge is busting at the seams with fresh produce. I'm excited....seriously. As reality settles in that I'm going 100% raw for 92 days, I am excited, anxious, & scared. Why scared? Well, everything else I've ever sought out to do on my own FOR ME, I've failed at. I really & truly suck at taking time for me & caring for me. I am scared that this will end up taking a back burner to life once again....although I have the support of those that love me so this is huge. This comes down to a few goals...mainly, it's to jump start getting healthy. A juice "feast" as the raw experts call it, is a feast in which your body is allowed to clean itself...scrubbing away years of bad food choices & toxins hidden inside...allowing your body to absorb nutrients & enzymes that you miss out on every day...allowing for cellular regeneration & rejuvenation. The goal is to feel energized & rejuvenated after all is said & done. Of course, I expect to lose weight, as I have quite a bit to lose. I am going in blind..no weight loss goals so that I don't get TOO over zealous & expect the unattainable. I've HEARD of people losing 1-3lbs per day...mainly water weight in the first 2 weeks....1-2lbs/day each day afterwards...


Call it unhealthy if you want...but how can you? It's 100% vegan & raw. I will be adding an organic Spirulina/Wheatgrass supplement so as to get my protein & other amazing nutrients. Detox symptoms are said to be harsh and again, I'm scared about that...my body's way of telling me I've abused it for so long. I know that once I get through those few rough days I'm golden. Energy should sky rocket, mind should be clearer than ever, & focus should be amazing. They even say that green juice has age defying effects!! Win/Win if you ask me!!


Ok, so this has been long enough...I'll check back in before I start with bio info & starting numbers...I'm going to bare it all people so no judging...hell judge if you want, don't read if you want...I don't care. This is for me after all....sort of a documentary to myself. I'm not proud of where I am BUT I'm no longer going to be ashamed because I will NEVER be here again....I'm a fatty, get over it....I am. :) 

2 comments: