Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easing myself into a Juice Feast

Well, it's been 2 days since I've introduced juicing into my daily routine...not feasting yet but doing as I was told & slowly introducing the abundance of nutrients into my daily diet. I usually have a glass before breakfast (like a spinach, apple, grape & it makes about 3cups of juice which is DELISH!) & then have a bowl of oatmeal...I eat instant & usually 2 packs but the juice (I drink 1 cup, share the rest) has filled me up to where I only eat 1 pack. This alone (the fact the juice fills you up before you eat) would help you lose weight...I am happy to report that after 2 days of this (and I'm sure it's mostly water weight) I'VE LOST 5 LBS!!! and I haven't even started my official feast of nothing but juice/protein supplement as stated in previous post. I'm SO excited about this...I feel a little different, in the fact that I have crazy energy. I'm awake & refreshed after my morning juice. In the afternoon I juice green veggies & an apple together & then I have crazy energy when I was falling asleep before. Un-believeable. I'm sure anyone could get crazy energy from anything...like a Monster drink, Red Bull, etc etc you get where I'm going with this. BUT this juice is 100% natural & full of nutrients your body misses daily. Win/Win! I also tried a Kale, Cucumber, Green Apple, & Ginger juice which was BRIGHT green & great over ice (I've found most green juices are better over ice...as the Kale tastes like fresh cut grass if room temperature...lol).


I was worried my parent's thought I was crazy choosing to juice. And they did. UNTIL I juiced some common store bought combos they love. Yes, I have converts....Not only did they LOVE them, they could tell a HUGE taste difference in store bought & freshly juiced....of course they could right?! So now, Mom wants to know the health benefits...my favorite juice combo right now is Apple/Celery..about 4 stalks of celery & 1 whole apple. Delicious. The benefits of different produce can be found here. That site all-n-all is a good reference I think, for beginners at least. 


My official juice feast will start March 1, 2012. The plan is 92 days with a small goal of 10 days. I will take this 10 days at a time so as to not feel overwhelmed. Maybe by slowly introducing all these juices into my diet beforehand I can lessen the effects of detoxification. Well, that's it for now...just wanted to let you guys know I LOVE my juicer, best money we've ever spent!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment